Ok. Let’s admit it. Everybody loves avocado toast. It’s not just for Californians, Angelenos, or VSCOgirls— avocado toast is delicious and is for everyone. So, before you object to anything, we’re going to give you a simple recipe that you can do at home. You can use a bagel or a slice of toast, it doesn’t matter. On top of that, we’re going to give you a recipe that is Instagram-worthy — it’s pretty, colorful, and good enough that you can post it to flaunt in front of the avocado-toast haters. We give you the knowledge of our drool-worthy avocado toast recipe! Now, it is up to you to use it!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 5 min
- 1 avocado
- 1 slice of bread of your choice (try an everything bagel for an extra kick)
- 1 egg
- 1 cucumber (the longer the better)
- 1/4 cup microgreens
- salt and pepper
Special Equipment You Need:
- Boil the egg for 6 min or until desired doneness.
- Cut the bagel in half and toast to desired doneness.
- In a bowl, smash the avocado with a fork.
- Use a peeler to make cucumber ribbons. Apply even pressure as you move the peeler across the length of the cucumber.
- Now, to put everything together! Spread the avocado onto the toasted bagel. Add the cucumber ribbons, microgreens, and lastly the boiled egg on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Adding a squeeze of lemon on the avocado will keep it from browning! This is optional if you want to add citrus flavor or you will not be eating the toast right away. However, for best taste we do recommend consuming immediately.