One of our favorite happy hour drinks also happens to be something we make frequently in the Fork & Spoon kitchen. Known as the “working-man’s” (or “working-woman’s”) drink, this is something that truly takes the edge off after a long day. The tartness of the grapefruit and lime works amazingly with tequila, as always! We like to use grapefruit soda from Trader Joe’s because provides some sweetness and fizz to balance and complement the sourness.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 0
- 2 oz tequila
- 4 oz grapefruit soda
- 1 wedge lime
- grapefruit slice
- kosher salt rim or tajin rim
- Rub the lime wedge along the rim of the glass. Rim with kosher salt or tajin.
- Add tequila and juice of 1 lime wedge. Stir, then add ice.
- Top off the glass with 4 oz grapefruit soda.
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit.
- 4 oz grapefruit soda can be subbed with 2 oz grapefruit juice, 2 oz tonic water, 1 tsp sugar