What did one strawberry say to the other strawberry? “I love you berry much!”
Strawberries are Noelle’s favorite fruit, so best believe we’re eating it with everything: toast, cereal, salads, you name it! We don’t make dessert often, but when we do we like to keep it sweet and simple. Fruit is a great dessert option, as it has its own natural sweetness and also provides much needed vitamins! For dessert for our anniversary dinner, we decided to wrap things up with a refreshing bowl of Strawberries and Cream. Adding fresh whipped cream compliments the strawberries very well (just ask Wimbledon!), and this recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth in a way that doesn’t require added sugar or copious amounts of butter or fats. Read on for the recipe!
Prep Time: 5-10 min
Cook Time: 0 min
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (very cold)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Special Equipment You Need:
- a hand mixer or electric mixer with whisk attachment
- High-walled mixing bowl
- In a bowl, whip the cold whipping cream and vanilla extract together in a bowl for 5-7 minutes until stiff, white peaks appear. To prevent splatter, start your whip on the lowest lowest speed, then increase the speed 1 level at a time until you reach the highest speed. Do the reverse when you want to turn off the mixer. You can make this fresh or 1-2 hours prior to serving (which we totes recommend).
- When you’re ready for some deliciousness, wash your strawbs and slice! (Noelle likes them sliced so that they look like triangles)
- Scoop out as much whipping cream as you want into a bowl (start with about 1/2 cup per person) and top with strawberries!